PADDLE AT THE BEACH PICKLEBALL TOURNAMENT
Paddle at the Beach Pickleball Tournament – March 8-9, 2019
2019 Paddle at the Beach Pickleball Tournament
March 8-9, 2019. Tournament will be held at the J. Bryan FLoyd Community Center. Limited spaces available!!
- Registration is Online. Both partners must register online.
- You can set up a FREE online account, if new to registration online
- Early Registration Jan. 2 – Jan. 25…. ONLY $25/per player
- Registration Fee is $30/per player after Jan. 25
- This is an Indoor tournament played at the J.Bryan Floyd Community Center located at 1030 Possum Trot Rd. , NMB, SC 29582
- There is a Men’s Double Division and a Women’s Double Division. You MUST have a partner prior to registering.
- Pool play is on Friday, March 8, 2019 with a Double-elimination tournament on Saturday, March 9, 2019
- Divisions are made by Skill level first and then age of your team. They are dependant on the number of teams signed up.
- Skill level is determined by your input during registration
- “Team Skill level” is determined by the highest skill level on the team
- Age is calculated by your age on March 8, 2019
- Your “team age” is the total of your age and your partner’s age added together
- snacks and water are provided.
Thursday, March 7, 2019
Check in and practice 1p-5p
Welcome Reception- TBD
Friday, March 8, 2019
Round robin/pool play matches (begins at 8am)
Saturday, March 9, 2019
Double elimination tournaments (begins at 8am)
Seeding determined by pool play
Check in before first game
- USAPA Rules apply
- Teams will be divided into divisions based upon skill levels and team ages.
- Each team will play at least three matches comprised of two games to 11 points, win by one.
- Pool assignments, start times and court assignments will be determined once registration closes and will be posted to this website no later than five days before the tournament start date.
- The results from pool play will be used to seed teams in Divisions based upon gender, skill level and age for double elimination tournaments.
- Upper bracket matches are best two of three games to 11 points, win by two.
- Lower bracket matches are one game to 15, win by two.
- Bracket assignments will be posted to this website at the conclusion of pool play, with initial start times and court assignments.
- Play will be self-officiated for most matches with Referees provided for championship matches only.
- Tournament format is very popular
- Please be at the J. Bryan Community Center one hour prior to your game start time and near your court 15 Minutes before your scheduled match
- Please stay behind the blue line when walking along the bleachers and we ask that you do not walk past a player that is serving.
- Please do not enter a gym while play is in process on the court closest the door.
Waitlist, Refunds and Substitutions
- Teams or players wanting to play after registration closes/tournament is full will be added to the wait list.
- Credit will be granted for withdrawals prior to registration closing AS A CREDIT to your account.
- Player substitutions may be made prior to registration closing as necessary.
- Player substitutions after registration closing will be granted at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
Hospitality and Fun!
- Welcome Reception at a location TBD
- All players receive a gift
- Winner and Runner-up awards are given to each Division
- Water Coolers are located close to courts. Don’t Forget your water bottle.
- A Hospitality room will be open from 10:30am-3pm with snacks
Players are encouraged to stay in accommodations within the City of North Myrtle Beach. For accommodation assistance please contact the North Myrtle Beach Chamber of Commerce at (843)281-2662 or www.explorenorthmyrtlebeach.com/stay/.
Matt Gibbons / firstname.lastname@example.org / 843-280-5574
Venue Address and Telephone Number:
J Bryan Floyd Community Center
1030 Possum Trot Road
North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582
Tournament Sponsors — THANK YOU!
Click here to add your own text