- Human Resources
Human Resources supports the City by promoting a work environment that is characterized by fair treatment of staff, open communications, personal accountability, trust and mutual respect. The department seeks and provides solutions to workplace issues that support and optimize the operating principles of our city and community:
- Properly balancing the needs of the employees and the needs of the City.
- Ensuring a diverse workforce in a discrimination/harassment free environment by maintaining compliance with employment laws and government regulations, providing management and employee training, and developing policies and procedures.
- Retaining valued employees by assuring effective leadership qualities, providing competitive wages and benefits, and enhancing communication between employees and management.
- Administering a competitive benefits package while providing a safe and healthy work environment.
Human Resources strives to always be professional, perform with consistency and fairness, and carry out duties with integrity and respect for all.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Human Resources Department is responsible for:
- Compensation and Classification
- Performance Management
- Employee Rewards and Recognition
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Relations
- Employee Communications
- Employee Training and Development
- Health and Wellness to include an on-site Health Center
- Job opportunities
- Workers Compensation
- Leaves Management
- Human Resources Information Systems
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the City of North Myrtle Beach to provide employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or age. It is also the policy of the City of North Myrtle Beach to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, both state and federal, which protects the employment and other rights of veterans and disabled persons.