- Shading Devices: Only umbrellas with a center pole no greater than 7 feet 6 inches in height and a circular shade no greater than 9 feet in diameter are allowed on the beach May 15-September 15. No tents, tarps, cabanas, pavilions, sports-brellas or similar devices, or any material mounted on supports allowed on the beach May 15-September 15. Access the complete law here: Beach Shading Devices Law
- If you dig a hole on the beach, you must fill it in before leaving the beach.
- It is illegal for anyone under age 17 to possess a laser pointer (PDF), except within the permanent residence of that minor or under direct supervision of parent, guardian or teacher, who also take full responsibility for its possession and use under the law, and who also bear the full consequences of its misuse.
- Unlawful to Litter (Fines up to $1,000).
- Alcohol, glass, fireworks prohibited.
- No swimming beyond 50 yards or shoulder height.
- No parking beyond the posted public beach access rule sign.
- All watercraft must operate 100 yards or more off shore.
- Illegal to pick or damage sea oats and sand dunes fencing.
- May 15 to September 15: No dogs allowed on the beach 9 am to 5 pm. Surf only in designated areas 9 am to 4 pm.
- Dog Owners: Leash law is in effect at all times; maximum leash length is 7 feet. Pet owners must pick up and properly dispose of pet waste.
It shall be unlawful for any person to ride a surfboard or skimboard on the public beach or any waters adjacent thereto, between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm during the period from May fifteenth to September fifteenth, except in the following designated areas:
- Beginning at a point 300 feet north of the Cherry Grove Pier, and surfing anywhere north thereof
- Beginning at a point at 13th Avenue South, and ending at a point 600 feet north thereof
- Beginning at a point at 27th Avenue South, and ending at a point 600 feet north thereof
- Beginning at a point at 38th Avenue South, and ending at a point 600 feet north thereof
- Beginning at 6th Avenue North and ending at 18th Avenue North:
- It shall be unlawful to surf within 300 feet of any pier
- All surfers shall be required to wear a surfing leash at all times
Beach Shading Devices Law
- Baby Tents (Restricted Measurements) Now Allowed on the Beach Year-Round (PDF)
- Beach Tent and Other Restrictions Enforced May 15 to September 15 (PDF)
- New Beach Shading Devices Law (PDF)
- Only Umbrellas Allowed on the Beach May 15 to September 15 (PDF)
- Reminder - Its Umbrellas Only on the Beach May 15 to September 15 (Some Baby Tents Now Allowed) (PDF)
- Reminder - Umbrellas Only on the Beach May 15 to September 15 (PDF)